Friday, December 23, 2016

Prophet's (Sallallaho alaihe wasallam) company in Paradise:


Rabee'ah (Radhiyallaho anho) narrates:
"I used to remain in attendance upon the Prophet (Sallallaho alaihe wasallam) at night. I would keep water, miswak. praying mat, etc., ready for his Tahajjud. Once he (being very pleased with my services) asked me, 'What would you wish most?' I submitted, 'O, Prophet of Allah, I wish your company in Paradise.' He asked me if there was anything else I wished for. But I replied. 'This is the only thing I long for.' Upon this, he remarked. 'All right. You should help me by prostrating in prayer frequently.'"

Here is a lesson for us. We should not depend on verbal prayers alone, but we should also make some practical efforts to gain our object. The best of all efforts is Salaat. Also, it would be wrong to depend entirely on the prayers of saints and pious people alone. This is a world of cause and effect; and, no doubt, Allah sometimes in His Wisdom and Might does bring into effect things for which there is no apparent and tangible cause, but this happens only on very rare occasions. For us, as in this world we make all possible efforts, and never depend on prayers alone nor rest contented with our lot, so in all gains pertaining to the Hereafter, we should try our best to conform to the conduct demanded by religious and ethical standards, and not regard verbal prayer as the only factor. Which counts, nor like a fatalist leave all to a ruthless destiny. No doubt, the prayers of pious people and lovers of Allah have their due effect, but they only go to augment our own sincere efforts, and even the Prophet (Sallallaho alaihe wasallam) asked Rabee'ah (Radhiyallaho anho) to "help" him by prostrating frequently (i.e., saying Salaat in his leisure hours too).

0 comments :

Post a Comment

 
Template designed by Liza Burhan