Friday, January 6, 2017

VALOUR AND HEROISM Ibn Jahsh (Radhiyallaho anho) and Sa'd (Radhiyallaho anho) Pray for Each Other:


Fear of death was unknown to the Sahabah. They were therefore most fearless and valorous. A person who can look death in the face can meet all situations. There is left for him no attraction in the wealth of this world, and no fear of an enemy. I wish I could inherit this quality from these true heroes.
Ibn Jahsh (Radhiyallaho anho) and Sa'd (Radhiyallaho anho) Pray for Each Other:
On the eve of Uhud, Abdullah bin Jahsh (Radhiyallaho anho) said to Sa`d bin Abi Waqqaas (Radhiyallaho anho):
"O, Sa`d! come, let us pray together. Let each pray to Allah for the grant of his sole desire, and the other would say Ameen to it. This way, the prayers are more likely to be answered by Allah."
Sa`d (Radhiyallaho anho) agreed, and they both went to a corner to pray.
Sa`d (Radhiyallaho anho) was first to pray, saying:
"O, Allah, when the battle rages tomorrow, let me face a very strong and fierce enemy. Let him attack me with might and main, and let me repulse him with all my strength. Then O, Allah, let me be triumphant by killing him for your sake, and allow me to have his possessions as booty."
Abdullah (Radhiyallaho anho) said: "Ameen."
Then Abdullah (Radhiyallaho anho) started his prayer, saying:
"O, Allah, let me face one of the toughest fighters among the enemy tomorrow. Let him attack me with full fury and let me attack him with my full strength. Then let him have the upper hand and kill me. He may cut my nose and ears from my body. And when I appear before You on the day of Judgement. You may ask me, 'How did you lose your nose and ears, O, Abdullah!,' to which I may reply, 'These were lost in the way of Allah and His Prophet (Sallallaho alaihe wasallam).' Then You will say, 'Yes! surely these were lost in My way.
Sa`d (Radhiyallaho anho) said: "Ameen."
In the battle field next day, both of the Sahabah saw their prayers answered exactly as they had asked. Sa`d (Radhiyallaho anho) says:
"Abdullah's prayer was better than mine. In the even-ing I noticed his ears and nose strung in a thread."

This story on the one hand depicts great chivalry and valour on the part. of Sahabah, in as much as they were anxious to face the brave and the strong amongst the enemy, and on the other hand it shows their devotion and love for Allah. Abdullah (Radhiyallaho anho) wishes Allah to confirm on the Day of Judgement that his sacrifice was really for Allah's cause. What an excellent wish! 

0 comments :

Post a Comment

 
Template designed by Liza Burhan