Monday, January 9, 2017

Hadhrat Huzaifah's (Radhiyallaho anho) Anxiety Regarding Tribulations




Hadhrat Huzaifah (Radhiyallaho anho) is one of the well-known Sahabah. He is known as 'Keeper of Secrets.' The Prophet (Sallalaho alaihe wasallam) had confided to him the names of Munafiqin, and had informed him in chronological order all the tribulations which the Muslims were to face till the last day. He gave him full details (viz. the name of the mischief maker, his parents' names, his community, etc.) about the incidents that were going to affect three hundred or more people. Hadhrat Huzaifah (Radhiyallaho anho) says:
"Other people used to ask the Prophet (Sallallaho alaihe wasallam) about good things, while I always asked him about the adverse events, so that I might guard against them."
He then narrated the following conversation with the Prophet:
Huzaifah: "O, Prophet of Allah! Shall we revert to evil, after the good that you have brought us?"
The Prophet: "Yes. The evil is coming."
Huzaifah: "Shall we have good again after that evil?"
The Prophet: "Huzaifah! Go and read the Qur'an, meditate on its meaning and follow its commandments."
But Huzaifah anxiety grew more and more and he continued his queries about evils that were to befall the Muslims.
Huzaifah: "O, Prophet of Allah! Tell me if good will come after that evil?"
The Prophet: "Yes, good will come again, but the hearts of the people will not be so clear as before."
Huzaifah: "And will there by any evil coming after this good?"
The Prophet: "Yes, There will be such persons who will misguide the people and take them to Hell."
Huzaifah: "What should I do if I witness that time?"
The Prophet: "If there be a group of Muslims united under one Amir, then join them, otherwise dissociate yourself from all such factions and be secluded in a corner, or take refuge under a tree (i.e., in the forest) and be there till you die."
As the Prophet (Sallallaho alaihe wasallam) had disclosed to him the identities of the Munafiqin of that time, Hadhrat Umar (Radhiyallaho anho) used to ask him:
"Is there any Munafiq among my deputies?" He once replied: "Yes. There is one, but I shall not disclose his name."
Hadhrat Umar (Radhiyallaho anho) dismissed the man, probably by his own discernment.
Whenever somebody died, Hadhrat Umar (Radhiyallaho anho) would inquire if Hadhrat Huzaifah (Radhiyallaho anho) was participating in the funeral prayer. If Huzaifah (Radhiyallaho anho) did not do so, then Hadhrat Umar (Radhiyallaho anho) would also absent himself from that funeral:
When Hadhrat Huzaifah (Radhiyallaho anho) was about to die, he wept in anxiety and uneasiness. People said to him:—
"Are you weeping over your departure from this world?"
He said: "No. I am not weeping over that. I love to die. I weep because I do not know whether, at this time of my departure from this world, Allah is pleased with me or not."

He then prayed: "O, Allah, these are the last moments of my life. You know that I have always loved Thee. Bless my meeting with Thee."

0 comments :

Post a Comment

 
Template designed by Liza Burhan