Friday, January 6, 2017

Hadhrat Ali's (Radhiyallaho anho) valour in Uhud


Neglect of the Prophet's orders changed the victory at Uhud into a defeat, the details of which we have already seen in Chapter I. That was a very hard time for the Muslims. They were simply caught between the two groups of the enemy, and many were killed. The Prophet (Sallalaho alaihe wasallam) was surrounded by the enemy, who spread the rumour that he had died. Most of the Sahabah lost their balance of mind at this rumour, and that was the main cause of their confusion.
Hadhrat Ali (Radhiyallaho anho) says:
"We were surrounded by the enemy, and I could not see the Prophet (sallalaho alaihe wasallam). I first searched for him among the living and then among the dead, but I could not find him. I said to myself, 'It is impossible for him to fly from the battle-field. It seems that Allah is angry with us due to our :;ins, and He has lifted him up to the heavens. There is no way left for me except to jump into the enemy lines and fight till I am killed.' I therefore attacked the enemy, clearing them with my sword till I caught sight of the Prophet (Sallallaho alaihe wasallam); I was very happy and was sure that Allah had been protecting him through His angels. I approached him and stood by his side. Mean-while an enemy contingent advanced to attack the Prophet (Sallallaho alaihe wasallam). He said to me, 'Ali go and check them.' I fought and repulsed them single-handed, killing quite a few of them. After this, yet another group came to attack him. He again called out, 'Ali go and check them.' I fought with that group again single-handed and put them to their heels.'"
It was on this occasion that Hadhrat Jibrail (Alaihe salaam) came and praised Hadhrat Ali (Radhiyallaho anho) for his valour and his devotion to the Prophet. The Prophet (Sallallaho alaihe wasallam) said:
"Ali belongs to me and I belong to him."
At this, Hadhrat Jibrail (Alaihis salaam) remarked:
"I belong to you both."

Look at the valour of Hadhrat Ali (Radhiyallaho anho). He jumps into the enemy lines singlehanded, when he is unable to find the Prophet (Sallallaho alaihe wasallam). This also shows his extreme love and devotion to the Prophet (Sallallaho alaihe wasallam).

0 comments :

Post a Comment

 
Template designed by Liza Burhan