Monday, January 9, 2017

Hadhrat 'Ubayy bin Ka'ab (Radhiyallaho anho) Teaches Hadith




Hadhrat Ubayy bin Ka'ab (Radhiyallaho anho) is one of the most eminent Sahabah and was an expert in the recitation of the Qur'an. Very few Arabs were literate before Islam, and he was one of these. The Prophet (Sallallaho alaihe wasallam) used to dictate the revealed Qur'an to him. He memorized the Qur'an during the life time of the Prophet (Sallallaho alaihe wasallam) and had thorough understanding of it. The Prophet (Sallallaho alaihe wasal-lam) is reported to have said:
"Hadhrat Ubayy bin Ka'ab (Radhiyallaho anho) is the greatest Qari of my Ummat."
He used to finish the Qur'an once in Tahajjud in eight nights. Once the Prophet (Sallallaho alaihe wassalam) said to him:
"Allah has commanded me to recite the Qur'an to you."
He said: "O, Prophet of Allah! Did Allah mention me by my name?"
The Prophet (Sallallaho alaihe wasallam) replied:
"Yes, He mentioned you by your name."
Tears began to roll down his cheeks with excessive joy.
Hadhrat Jundub bin Abdullah (Radhiyallaho anho) says:
"When I went to Madinah to acquire knowledge, I found that people were sitting in groups, and each group was entrusted to a teacher. In one of the groups I saw a person teaching Hadith, clad in two sheets of cloth and looking like a traveler. I asked the people, 'Who is this person?' They said, 'He is our esteemed Imam, Hadhrat Ubayy bin Ka'ab (Raclhiyallaho anho).' When he finished teaching, I followed him to his house. He was staying in a very old and dilapidated building, with little or no furniture. I noticed Hadhrat Ubayy (Radhiyallaho anho) living in a very simple and ascetic life.'
Hadhrat Ubayy (Radhiyallaho anho) says:
"Once the Prohet (Sallallaho alaihe wasallam) tested me in my knowledge of the Qur'an. He asked me, 'Ubayy, which is the most august verse of the Qur'an?' I said, 'Allah and His Prophet (Sallallaho alaihe wasallam) know best.' He again asked me the same question and I gave the same modest and respectful reply. When he put the same question once again, I replied, 'The most august verse in the Qur'an is Ayatul Kursi (II: 255).' My reply made him very happy. He said, 'May Allah bless you through your knowledge.'
Once the Prophet (Sallallaho alaihe wasallam) was leading Salaat when he missed one verse. Ubayy (Radhiyallaho anho) pointed out the correction from behind. On finishing Salaat, the Prophet (Sallallaho alaihe wasallam) inquired 'Who corrected me?' He was told that it was Hadhrat Ubayy (Radhiyallaho anho). He remarked, 'I also thought that it was he."

In spite of his devotion to knowledge and his special job of writing the Qur'an, he took part in all the battles by the side of the Prophet (Sallallaho alaihe wasallam). He did not miss a single campaign or expedition led by the Prophet (Sallallaho alaihe wasallam).

0 comments :

Post a Comment

 
Template designed by Liza Burhan